Sunday, February 7, 2010

Memories from the past and a beautiful celebration



On the weekend B and I ventured off to Tathra (on NSW coastline), to celebrate our beautiful friend’s wedding. Making our way from Canberra is a little town called Dalgety. This is the town my mum grew up in and lived on a farm that has been in our families name for 140 years!!!About 5 years ago my grandparents sold the farm. I hadn’t been back since to visit the new owners so I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to reminisce on some great childhood memories, and to see if they changed the place. When we drove up the driveway I just remembered the great times I had at this place! Holidays with the family was great- never a dull moment on the 2500 acres of land!!

I found this photo from years ago. It's a great shot of the house (except a little blurred)!
This is beautiful little church on a hill, this is where my grandparents and Aunty and Uncle got married
Driveway at the farm, hasnt changed a bit...
Wow this new kitchen would have come in handy with 4 women crammed into the old one cooking chrissy lunch back in the day...
I remember this area used to be the way to the outside bathroom...even when it snowed!! Now its a beautiful terrace
Beautiful new water feature...notice the door at the top. This attic kept all old diaries, books, photos of ancestors from 140 yrs back, when I was little one day the door would be open, the next closed. Always gave me the creeps...looks like its still doing it now...
I used to climb this strawberry tree for hours when i was little...seemed much bigger then


Finally we arrived in Tathra after a very long day in the car...it was pouring!!!!
Seeing as though it was a beach wedding at sunrise we were all a little worried about the weather. Next morning a miracle happened...blue skies covered the town of Tathra and the most beautiful ceremony went ahead and worked out perfectly. Jackie was a stunning bride, and ever so talented to make her gorgeous dress!!

Congratulations Ben and Jac, we love you dearly and wish you all the happiness in the world
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment